Important Notice to Eaton Gate Policyholders Insured by QIC Europe Limited (QIC)

This notice details changes to the process for Making a Claim or Making a Complaint from those originally set out in Your Policy Wording and Schedule.

With immediate effect the procedures detailed in your policy with regards to “How To Make A Claim” are restated as follows.

If You wish to make a claim under any Section of Your Policy, other than Commercial Legal Expenses section, You should contact TrinityM Ltd (Trinity Claims) who act on behalf of Your Insurer QIC Europe Limited (QIC) as soon as possible.

You should not settle, reject, negotiate or agree to pay any claim without Your Insurer's written permission.

Trinity Claims Contact Details

Phone number: 0333 234 1728
Address: PO Box 568, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 9LT

Please note that Eaton Gate MGU Limited do not have any authority to handle, manage or settle any claims on behalf of QIC.

Making a Complaint

With immediate effect, the Customer Complaints section of your policy is amended as follows.

We hope that You are extremely happy with Your Policy but We do recognise that on occasions things can go wrong.

If Your complaint is about the way Your Policy was sold to You please contact the Insurance Broker/ Administrator who arranged Your Policy for You.

Contacting Your Insurer

If You have a complaint about Your Insurer, including about how a claim has been handled please contact Your Insurer directly.

Your Insurer's contact details are QIC Europe Limited

Tel: 0333 234 1728

Once Your Insurer has received Your complaint they will;

  • send an acknowledgment of Your complaint within 5 working days of receiving it and notify You of the name of the person managing Your complaint and
  • respond in full to Your complaint within 8 weeks.

If this is not possible for any reason they will write to You to explain why they have not been able to settle the matter quickly. They will also let You know when they will contact You again.

Financial Ombudsman Service

If You remain dissatisfied, and Your Insurer subscribes to the service, You may refer Your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS);

Details of the FOS and the process of contacting them are contained in Your Policy wording.

For any other policy alterations, You should contact Your Insurance Broker/Administrator with whom you arranged Your insurance in the usual way.

Otherwise Your cover provided will be as per the terms, conditions and exclusions of Your current Policy.

If You have any other queries relating to Your cover please contact Your Insurance Broker/Administrator with whom You arranged the Policy.

For all other insurers, please use the contact information which is contained in the policy wording and schedules.

cityscape with layered plant collage